Are you thinking of having a destination wedding? If Cape Town, South Africa is not on your list, it should be – here’s why:
There’s nowhere quite like Cape Town! We have the city, we have the Cape winelands, we have the beach AND we have AMAZING weather! There is literally something for everyone. And let’s face it, if you’re going to be traveling internationally, with the rate of exchange sitting where it is, it will most definitely be value for your money. Wouldn’t it be brilliant if your wedding is the wedding that your guests will be talking about for years to come…?
What you need to know when planning a destination wedding in Cape Town:
• Hire a professional 😉 (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) – someone that is based in Cape Town and knows the location would make your life so much easier. And with technology being what it is these days, you could be included in the venue visits whilst literally sitting a world away.
• Start your planning process early – your guests will also need to plan. They will need to put in leave and make sure they can afford to travel to another country.
• Communication is key! – It would be a good idea to send out your save the dates as soon as you know when and where your wedding will be. It also helps to set up your own wedding website with all details that would concern the guests. Like the weather for the specific time of year, what kind of accommodation you have found and how much it is, you could include an itinerary of the events to take place and a list of different excursions they could do (remember, your guests will more than likely turn your wedding celebration into a holiday).
• DO NOT check your wedding gown with the checked luggage – Rather keep it with you as carry on luggage and get it steamed when you arrive.
• Arrive about 5 days prior to the wedding so you can make sure all the details are as you imagined and that you are happy. You could then have your hair and makeup trial before the wedding.
If any of the guests you invited are unfortunately not able to make the journey, you could always have a small second reception for them in your hometown upon your return to make them feel included.
And just in case it wasn’t clear, First Class Weddings and Events would be able to assist with full wedding planning as well as accommodation, transfers and excursions in and around Cape Town. We want to make the entire process as easy and streamlined for you as possible.